Readformyschool.com ("Site," "us", “our” or "we") is owned and operated by Pledgetree LLC, P.O. Box 0451, Redmond, WA 98073. We can be reached by e-mail at email@example.com.
WEBSITE COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- Information about your computer including IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- Information about your visits to and use of this Site including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and Site navigational paths;
- Information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register with our Site;
- Information that you enter when you create a profile on our Site – for example, your name, gender, school, community organization, and educational details;
- Information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up a subscription to our emails and/or newsletter, webinars;
- Information that you enter while using the Services on our Site;
- Information that is generated while using the Site, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- Information relating to pledge donations, services, or transactions you make through the Site which includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card details;
- Information that you post to our website with the intention of publishing it on the Site, which includes your profile name and the content of your posts;
- Information contained in any communications that you send to us by email, or through the Site, including its communication content and metadata;
- Any other personal information you send to us or through the Site.
We do not sell, trade, or rent Subscriber Personal Information to others. Personal information submitted to us through the Site will be used for the purposes specified in the policy or on the relevant pages of the Site.
We may share your Personal Information as follows:
- Administering our Site and business;
- To comply with court orders or subpoenas and as necessary to satisfy any law or regulation;
- Personalizing our Site for you;
- Enabling your use of the Services available on the Site;
- Sending you goods purchased through the Site;
- Supplying Services purchased through the Site;
- Sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
- Sending you non-marketing notifications for commercial communications associated with Services on the Site;
- Sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter;
- Sending you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- Providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify an individual user from that information);
- Dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our Site;
- With our corporate parent(s), service providers, and other affiliated entities for business and operational purposes related to our Site mission;
- To a third party in the event of a corporate sale, merger or other restructuring;
- Keeping our Site secure and prevent fraud;
- Verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the user of our Site (including monitoring private messages sent through our Site through our Site private messaging service); and
- Other uses
If you submit personal information for publication on our Site, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our Site and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the Site.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
- Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
- Information that we collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China, and India.
- Personal information that you publish on our Site or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
- You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described herein.
RETAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- This Section herein sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Without prejudice to article G-2, we will usually delete personal data falling within the categories set out below at the date/time set out below:
- personal data type will be deleted 120 business days after the completion of fundraiser on Site.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions herein, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- All electronic financial transactions entered into through our Site will be protected by encryption technology.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our Site confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our Site).
We will not send promotional emails to minors under the age of 13. For other users, you can "opt out" of receiving a promotional e-mail campaign by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of the particular promotional email offer and following the instructions to complete the opt out process. Please note that even if you choose to opt out of a promotional e-mail campaign, we will continue to send you important service-related communications (e.g., lost password notifications) pertaining to the operation and participation in the Site.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION/COPPA COMPLIANCE
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING DEVICES
- The names of the cookies that we use on our Site, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
- we use Google Analytics on our Site to recognize a computer when a user visits the Site, track users as they navigate the Site, enable the use of a shopping cart on the Site, improve the Site’s usability and analysis of the Site, administer the Site, prevent fraud and improve the security of the Site, personalize the Site for each user, as well as target advertisements which may be of particular interest to you;
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies—for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10, 11) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and then “Advanced”;
- in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Content settings,” and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our Site.
- You can delete cookies already stored on your computer—for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10, 11), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 );
- in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies,” and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Clear browsing data,” and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data.”
- Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
MONITORING AND USE OF AGGREGATE PERSONAL INFORMATION Without disclosure of Personal Information about individual users, we may use, publicly disclose, and provide to third parties aggregate statistics about our users, their reading and fundraising activities, traffic patterns and other related Site analytical information.
We may provide links to third-party web sites as a service to our users. Please be aware that we cannot control and are not responsible for the information collection, use and disclosure practices of such web sites. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies on these web sites before providing any information to them.
Read for My School c/o Pledgetree P.O Box 0451, Redmond, WA. 98072 Attn: RFMS RESIDENTS' Privacy Rights c/o Legal Department
For offline requests, please include your name, postal address, city, state, zip or postal code. We will not accept requests via telephone, email, or facsimile.
If any provision of this Privacy Statement shall be adjudged unlawful or void or unenforceable in whole or in part, the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
GENERAL REQUESTS ABOUT THIS STATEMENT
GOVERNED BY UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF WASHINGTON; JURISDICTION
The Site is operated in the United States. By using this Site and/or providing us with your personal information, as far as legally possible, you waive any claims that may arise under the laws of other countries or territories located outside of the United States and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Washington State.
CHANGES TO OUR ONLINE PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may revise this Statement at any time by updating this posting without advance notice to you. Such revisions shall be effective immediately upon posting. Therefore, we encourage you to visit our website to review this Privacy Statement from time to time.